Friday 16 April 2010

Weedeater

This is a collection of tracks from a band called Weedeater. They're pretty much a mix of stoner rock and sludge/doom metal but they have a definite bit of crust punk as well. Not the most upbeat of bands but if you like this kind of thing then they're definitely worth hearing (especially the track Alone... I love that song :). Weedeater formed in Wilmington, North Carolina in 1997 and have released three full length albums.

In April 2007, the band signed on to the Southern Lord record label.

DOWNLOAD THE WEEDEATER COLLECTION PART 1 (TRACKS 1 TO 8)
DOWNLOAD THE WEEDEATER COLLECTION PART 2 (TRACKS 9 TO 15)

Here's the tracklisting (320kbps)...
01) Tuesday Night [from ...And Justice For Y'all]
02) Free [from ...And Justice For Y'all]
03) Hungry Jack [from ...And Justice For Y'all]
04) Calico [from ...And Justice For Y'all]
05) #86 [from ...And Justice For Y'all]
06) Potbelly [from Sixteen Tons]
07) Time Served [from Sixteen Tons]
08) No. 3 [from Sixteen Tons]
09) Woe's Me [from Sixteen Tons]
10) Lines [from Sixteen Tons]
11) Wizard Fight [from God Luck & Good Speed]
12) Alone [from God Luck & Good Speed]
13) $20 Peanut [from God Luck & Good Speed]
14) It Is What It Is [from God Luck & Good Speed]
15) Gimme Back My Bullets [from God Luck & Good Speed]

DOWNLOAD THE WEEDEATER COLLECTION PART 1 (TRACKS 1 TO 8)
DOWNLOAD THE WEEDEATER COLLECTION PART 2 (TRACKS 9 TO 15)

Note: If the above links don't work you can try the following...
WEEDEATER COLLECTION PART 1 (TRACKS 1 TO 8) [MEGAUPLOAD]
WEEDEATER COLLECTION PART 2 (TRACKS 9 TO 15) [MEGAUPLOAD]

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the links...
    i arrive at your page because i was watching some videos on youtube, and well . I like too much a band called Cathedral and a video had a conection with other, and i hear a song of weedeater and they are very good!!!..
    I found your blog because I start to search some imagens of they..

    Did you hear they on live ?.... I would like to know.
    Sorry my english it's not good =(, but I try it.

    I think that's all jejeje. and I don't have blog.. if you would like write more about music .. this is my facebook: www.facebook.com/lucysapros
    or e-mail : grammation_cleric@hotmail.com

    Regards from Monterrey NL Mexico
    ATTE: lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy,
    Thanks for the message. I hope you like my blog even if I don't have any music by Cathedral. I haven't seen Weedeater live in concert but I think they would be good. In fact they are touring at the moment but they aren't playing in England. Maybe next time ;)
    Thanks again, E
    (Your english is much better than my spanish :)

    --- GOOGLE TRANSLATE VERSION ---
    Hola Lucy,
    Gracias por el mensaje. Espero que os guste mi blog aunque no tengo toda la música de la catedral. No he visto Weedeater en concierto, pero creo que sería bueno. De hecho, están de gira por el momento pero que no están jugando en Inglaterra. Quizá la próxima vez;)
    Gracias de nuevo, E

    ReplyDelete